Do you love feta? I do! This easy low carb chicken, feta, veggie dish will make your day and make your dinner planning super easy! And y’all know I had to go live while making it! So fun!
Bring on the feta!Do you love feta? I do! This easy low carb chicken, feta, veggie dish will make your day and make your dinner planning super easy! Click To Tweet
Y’all I don’t usually make pretty food but you gotta admit this is pretty food!! I don’t tend to get too exact when doing my own cooking and I’ve never actually written a recipe so here goes…
- Take some yellow squash and zucchini and slice them after you rinse them off. You can layer either first.
- Then sprinkle 1/3 of the feta as the next layer. I use the Athenos Tomato Basil Feta. But you certainly could use any kind I would imagine.
- Today, I added chicken to this (you can leave the chicken out if you’re going to do some other meat like pork or salmon or burgers) so I could make it a meal. So layer chicken next.
- Then add a layer of the other squash or zucchini whichever is left.
- Add more feta (always more feta!)
- More chicken
- Now top it with sliced tomatoes and feta.
- Last, drizzle olive oil all over! Yummo!!! Ok, so my drizzle turned into a soaking but it’s all good!
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes then check for the feta burning. I cover mine with foil after 20 minutes then cook about 15 minutes more. Just make sure the squash and zucchini is fork tender.
Now, before you go asking me how many calories are in this,
we don’t count calories in Trim Healthy Mama!
I don’t bother with portions either. After eating this way for a year, my body knows when I’m done. It’s so freeing to eat this way! Here are some of my posts about my journey.
Buddy says, “hit me up daddy!” The captain really enjoyed it too!!
If I had the time today, I’d make these biscuits to go with it from my friend, Sarah, at My Montana Kitchen. She’s amazing and you should follow all her social channels right now! You’re welcome! And just to make your mouth water, she said I could share her picture of them… here ya go.
Can you believe those are biscuits that are good for you? There’s a difference between having something to eat that’s not BAD for you but on this plan, most of what we eat is actually GOOD for us! Enjoy!!