Do I have any fellow list makers out there? Oh my goodness, I love a list. I’ve got a packing list that I print every time I travel. I never forget anything and I can pack in record time.
So one day I saw this on facebook…
That’s when I realized it’s not just me. I figure if someone will make a meme out of a thought like this, then I’m not the only one laying in bed at night with a mental list of undone things. I would have done them if I had thought of them.
So, rather than come up with a list of goals and new year’s resolutions that I’m not going to really do, why not come up with a list of things I really would love to get done in a day?
I’m not talking about an unreasonable list. Nothing like ‘plan a year’s worth of meals and make a month’s worth of them’. Ha, that’ll be the day. Even though I pin that stuff all the time!
I’m talking about a list of things that I want to do, I need to do and they are good for me and my family. Things that I always wish I’d done when I lay down at night and just got derailed and didn’t do them.
Well, here’s my list… I’m putting it on google keep so you can import it into your google keep too if you like. Just cut and paste. But don’t just copy. Look at it. Pray over it. Ask the Lord to guide and direct you and your day. He will. I’ll be tweaking this list as the weeks and months go by. But the reality is this:
Lists make me happy and they bring me joy. So… why not?
1. Input some sort of Scripture into your heart and mind.
2. Walk a mile or more twice (with Gunny of course!)
I Corinthians 6:19-20
3. Do one load of laundry (a load a day keeps the chaos away!)
4. Kiss the Captain… really kiss him. Let’s get real for a minute… I realize many times that SAHMs are not in the mood. We’re tired. Unlike our husbands we don’t really need to have sex every. single. day. But guess what, men want you to want them. Even if it doesn’t lead to sex every time. It will do them wonders of good to just be respected and admired. I’m terrible at this and this will be very new to me. I tread water around here people. Many nights I fall asleep while Chuck is still in the bathroom. That’s just life. But’s let’s all give this a try! Our husbands will benefit and then our families will benefit.
1 Corinthians 7:2
like this one… skip to :58 in this clip… now that’s a kiss.
5. Encourage someone… somehow… This can be with a text, card, call, meal, visit, prayer (then tell them). If you don’t know who it should be that day, just sit quietly for about 30 seconds and ask God to show you who. I guarantee, someone will pop into your head immediately and that is who will need it the most that day.
6. Drink 1/2 gallon of water throughout the day but be done by 3. Let’s face it, no one wants to pee all night. Your body needs this. Do it.
7. Think about and plan food for the family for the next day. Frankly, folks, this is about as far ahead as I can go right now. I’m just being realistic. Plus , ever since we picked up a new missionary family to support, our oven has been on the fritz and the part is on backorder. Amazing what you can cook in a toaster oven!
8. Do daily pushups from the pushups app. I’m up to 11 REAL pushups!! Not those girly ones.
9. TRY a pull up. I figure if I just give it a shot every day that eventually, I’ll do one! That’s my theory anyhow. My boys can do 5!! Wouldn’t it be great if their mom could too??!
10. Do plank via the app. I’m on week one. Strengthen your core and your shoulders. The rest gets strong too!
11. List one thing for sale. Ebay, Varagesale, Facebook. Get rid of the clutter!
12. Send birthday greetings. It makes me happy and it makes everyone else happy to. No matter the age, everyone loves mail.
13. Work on pictures. One of the things I truly love is putting together the family photo albums on shutterfly. My boys love looking at them too.
14. Spiff up the bedroom. I always wished I’d spent 10 minutes doing this but I don’t think of it til I fall in bed.
15. Wipe down the kitchen. This one isn’t a must but if you know me, you know I can’t have a list of 14 things… 15 feels much better. There are nights when I think of this little task and think…
If you’re not a list maker, this will not work for you at all. But if you take nothing else from this post, take this… make your day and your life worth watching. Make someone else’s day by loving them. God wants us to love one another.
Keep it Simple,