Ahhhhh, my house is slowly being put back together. For the last few weeks while the sheetrocking, etc. was being done, ALL that stuff that was in the attic (now train room) had to go SOMEWHERE until the project was done and we could restore some order. Well, that meant the other 3 bedrooms upstairs were stuffed with stuff and I gotta admit… drove me a little loopy. That’s why I spent last Sunday afternoon (glorious 70 degrees!) in the garage organizing all chuck’s stuff out there. At least I know where my mental issues come from and how to deal with them! You see, I could not restore order inside so I needed to gain some order somewhere so the garage had to be my victim… Heehee. Anyway, here are a few pics of my adventures out there. Now when you go to look for something… wait for it… IT’S ACTUALLY THERE! Ahhhh, now doesn’t that feel so good to head out on a journey for something in your house, go to the designated spot where it should be and low and behold, there it is!! So satisfying… my poor labeler was smoking at the end of that day!
Now you finally get to see all our wonderful solutions, additions to the train/hobby area. I’m so happy how they turned out. I’ll just put pics and you can see!…
The first few pics are of the ‘benchwork’ for the train set. Apparently, if you google that word and train set you’ll see how it works and what it does to support the landscaping, etc.
Storage behind the walls there. The panels you’ll see in a minute will pull out to allow easy access to that storage area.
Voila!!! The benchwork on top (in between the two colors) is where the train and landscaping will start. I can’t wait to keep you all (all both of you who read this blog!) updated on the progress in here. It’s exciting to see his dream become a reality!
These handles pull out and the panel comes off to allow for access to the workings of the railroad and storage.
Turn your head to the side and you’ll see a closeup pic of the magnet at the top bar holding the panels on when you slide them into the bottom crevice.
Now, on to my favorite part… the ‘built in’ (not) bookshelf!!!
Three Ikea Billy Bookcases put together and bolted to the wall….
Trim them out and it looks built in!!! Yippeee!
I got this idea from Jen’s site and just love the idea and it worked fabulously!!!
Well, that’s enough for now. Just wanted to keep y’all updated on the progress! It’s so neat to see just how little you can spend and really get something that looks like it was custom! Enjoy!!!